Ball will not launch:Open or Close
• The sensor switch is very sensitive and in place to protect you and your pet!
• NEVER ALLOW YOUR DOG TO REMOVE THE BALL FROM THE BALL POCKET OR LAUNCHING AREA!
1. If ball is in the launch pocket and all settings indicate it should be launching:
A. Check your power source or battery life.
B. Make sure the POWER light is ON and set to an intermittent setting of either 4, 7 or 15 seconds.
-The unit will not begin launching a ball until an intermittent setting is chosen.
-The unit will not work when the light is in the OFF position unless using the Remote Launch feature.
C. Adjust sensor: The sensor may be out of alignment due to shipping or a dog may have mouthed or pawed the ball while in the launch pocket causing the sensor to be out of alignment. See below for adjustment instructions.
• Make sure the power switch is in the OFF position. With the unit OFF, carefully adjust the sensor by pulling the metal sensor strip slightly upwards so the ball comes in contact with the sensor and a “click” is heard. The sensor will click down when the ball is resting on it, which should then activate the motor.
• If the ball is still not allowing the sensor to activate the motor, the sensor may need to be adjusted slightly downwards by carefully bending it down. NEVER OVERBEND as it may break.
Ball launches to one side:Open or Close
Sensor is adjusted too high not allowing the ball to be centered over the kicker. Slightly bend down the sensor until ball sits against end of ball track side wall.
Ball will not roll down the bucket channel:Open or Close
1. Make sure the unit is on a level surface.
2. Check to see if the balls are too wet. We recommend always using nearly dry balls in order to keep the launching activity consistent and also to get the furthest launch distance. A small amount of moisture on the ball from your pet is normal, but balls should not be extremely wet or soggy.
3. Make sure balls are not too big to roll down the channel. If a tennis ball has too much nap, the ball may hang up in the channel.
4. The unit is designed for maximum of 17 full-size balls and 25 small balls. Overloading balls on top of one another may result in a ball jam in the channel.
It is difficult to adjust the launch distance:Open or Close
1. ALWAYS TURN UNIT “OFF” BEFORE ADJUSTING THE LAUNCH DISTANCE!
2. ONLY adjust the launch distance when the kicker is in the UP position, just after a ball has been launched.
3. IF THE UNIT HAS BEEN TURNED OFF DURING THE LAUNCH CYCLE THE KICKER MAY HAVE ENDED UP IN THE WRONG POSITION.
• Make sure the full launch rotation is completed and the unit is not turned off during the middle of a launch cycle. If the unit is turned off during a launch cycle, set a ball in the ready position, turn the unit ON and let the rotation finish. Then turn the unit OFF and adjust to the desired distance setting.
Remote control will not communicate with the unit:Open or Close
1. Review the remote control operation instructions for proper use.
2. Make sure main unit is turned ON at the main control panel on the back of the unit.
3. Be sure to remove the plastic strip from under the batteries.
4. Be sure the batteries are properly seated. If not, the contact points may need to be pushed down slightly for proper battery contact.
5. Check to make sure batteries are still good.
6. Old batteries will cause 4 sec light to blink when pressed.
Need further troubleshooting assistance? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
We do our best to answer emails Monday through Friday within 24 hours.